Sunday 16 September 2012

Few New Products

My course at university involves us students going out into the work place in a hospital for weeks at a time over the three years of the course.  Sometimes for two weeks, sometimes for 10 weeks.  However long that placement block is it involves hard work, studying in the evenings and can be very tiring when you're not used to it.  During these times of being on placement I tend to break out in more spots than normal.  I'm not sure whether this is due to the stress and being more tired, or if it is because I am wearing make-up all day for a long period of time.  Whatever it is I know that more spots only appear on my face when I am on placement.  Even though I have sussed out my own skin routine and what helps to keep my skin looking clear and good, I seem to need a different routine while I am on placement so I had a look in the shops and thought I would try out a few different products which I have now been using for a week and a half.


Simple Clear Skin Oil Balancing Exfoliating Wash:


This facial wash by Simple claims to deep clean and refresh the skin.  I have been using this both morning and night.  The wash contains small bits that exfoliate the skin and I find that it leaves my face feeling very clean and refreshed.  This face wash is a bit stronger than the usual face wash I would normally use so I think if I didn't moisturise I would start to get dry skin however as I moisturise my face twice a day I haven't been getting this problem.  This face wash also claims to control shine and I think that it does because after I have come home from a day at work my face doesn't seem to be so oily or shiny as it usually would which I am loving.  This product is suitable for sensitive skin which means it is perfect for my skin.  I would give this product 10 out of 10 as I love it so much!

Clean & Clear Morning Energy Skin Brightening Daily Facial Moisturiser:


This moisturiser is supposed to brighten the skin while making it feel soft.  I use this just in the mornings after using the face wash and before applying my make-up.  This moisturiser smells of lemons, but also smells quite sweet.  The smell is not too overpowering but smells so good and I can smell it all morning, it's lovely!  The cream has very small sparkly bits in that supposedly make the skin brighter, but after applying my make-up my skin doesn't look very sparkly at all which is a good thing (as I don't want to look like some sort of rubbish, fake vampire from Twilight!).  It makes my skin feel wonderfully soft and is not oily at all.  After applying this moisturiser I let it soak in for a few minutes and then apply my foundation.  My make-up goes over it very well and I feel that it brings out the best in my foundation as it looks good!
When I got home after purchasing this moisturiser I looked at all the ingredients in it and was a bit worried it would make my skin break out due to the amount that is in there however it did not at all.  But I only use this once a day due to the ingredients in it.  The only thing I dislike about this moisturiser is the price as I thought it was quite pricey for a small bottle, however you only need a tiny bit and it goes a long way so I can see this product lasting for quite a while.  I really like this moisturiser and will definitely purchase it again!


Without moisturiser:


With moisturiser:


Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser:


I bought this moisturiser because I wanted one to use at night.  Previously I was using Johnson's Baby Lotion but I was starting to feel this wasn't moisturising enough so I wanted something a bit thicker.  According to Simple this product nourishes and hydrates the skin and I feel that it does exactly that!  This moisturiser is not greasy, soaks into the skin quickly and leaves it feeling lovely and soft! Maybe it's my imagination but I feel that since I have been using the two new moisturisers my skin has started to look different... nicer and perhaps brighter!  This moisturiser doesn't smell of anything, but then again it doesn't have any perfume or nasty chemicals in which are no good for the skin so I don't mind.  I really love this moisturiser and it seems that I am starting to become a fan of Simple products!

I hope you have all had a good weekend!


3 comments:

  1. I've been absolutely loving the Simple products. They are seriously the only things that just wreck my crazy sensitive skin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog on bloglovin, and that simple oil-balancing looks interesting. We only have the green and while simple products in Canada, crossing fingers this comes soon would love to try it

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely post and great products!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my giveaway to win a MAC lipstick and 5 models own polishes! just click one page back!

    ReplyDelete